DHI Medical Group Founder
Konstantinos P. Giotis established the DHI Global Medical Group back in 1970, in Palo Alto California. His sole aim was to offer a pain less, scar free, minimally invasive hair restoration procedure, available to all and most important at an affordable cost.
DHI Global Medical Group has grown to become the world’s largest Hair Restoration provider with 57 locations around the world, having helped more than 200,000 male and female patients.
DHI Global Medical Group is ISO certified and DHI UK is CQC registered within UK and also, approved by the World Health Association and Public Universities in France, Italy, Greece and Czech Republic.
K.P. Giotis is the inventor of Direct Hair Implantation and holds several patents on hair restoration methods, tools and instruments. He is also the founder of IHS (International Hair Society).
He has published various papers in the Hair Transplant forum such as “Hair Restoration Surgery Is Not the Airlines Industry” and is the author of the book “Hair Loss – Balance your Opinions” – published in four editions and in two languages. This book has gained recognition by the leaders within the hair restoration field and also serves as an educational and informative account for hair loss sufferers. He has also presented a numerous international medical meetings and certificates.
In 1985, K. P. Giotis invented DermaFuse hair replacement system.
Dr. Walter Unger, in the Journal of Dermatology quoted K. P. Giotis “As one of the pioneers of the field worldwide”.
As a result of K. P. Giotis life time devotion to hair loss, he was awarded diplomas by the University of South Lyon in France, after successfully teaching and contributing to the courses and annual lectures of “Restorative Scalp Surgery” and ”baldness courses” for Prof. Christian Dubreuil in Lyon Sud, during the last 5 years.
In 1997, Konstantinos P. Giotis has been qualified as a Medical Assistant from the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.
In 2002 he was the leader in introducing FUE and disconnected the strip procedure at all DHI locations.
P. Giotis has lectured in a series of University courses in Lyon, Rome, Athens and Prague. His presentation at the ISHRS meeting in Amsterdam, on July 2009 entitled “The Psychological Aspects of Hair Loss” was well received by an audience of over 600 doctors from around the world.
In 2012, K. P. Giotis established the London Hair Restoration Training Academy, dedicated to teach and train people on hair restoration methods and practices.
The sole aim of the London Hair Restoration Training Academy is to set the benchmarks of hair restoration and to provide R&D experts and specialists in Direct Hair Implantation and Directin techniques, as well as in Direct micropigmentation SMP and Direct PRP treatments.
The DHI Academy offers both online and hands on training to all interested parties involved in clinical operations, from the initial consultation and diagnostics, to performing Direct hair implantation, Direct PRP treatments and Direct micro pigmentation.
In 2013, K.P. Giotis started collaboration with a research group of Harokopio University in Athens, in the field of Hair Biology.
In March 2013, he has presented the ‘DHI Total Care System’, the world’s first quality standardization in hair restoration, to a full auditorium of medical doctors, at Syngros Athens University and received a honorary certificate of recognition and appreciation.
P. Giotis is the president of the Academy Masters Meeting (www.dhiamm.com) every year along with world renowned experts in the field of hair restoration participating.
In 2015, he invented DSA, a unique Diagnostic System for Alopecia and initiated a research on hair follicle stem cells in collaboration with Prof. Vassilis Gorgoulis, Professor of Histology and Embryology, University of Athens, Greece. Goal of the research is to highlight new perspectives on hair restoration.
In 2016, DHI technique was taught by K.P.Giotis in Lyon Sud University and for first time in history a session performed live on a major public university.
In 2016, K.P. Giotis initiated a research on the study of the effects of psychological disorders on hair loss and the impact of hair loss on psychology, in collaboration with Prof. Charalambos Papageorgiou, Professor of Psychiatry, University of Athens, Greece.
In June 2017, during the 2nd International Congress of the World Institute of FUE, the DHI founder Konstantinos Giotis, was listed among the seven most important reformers in the history of Hair Restoration.
During the same year, DHI Founder was awarded the “Certificate of Lecturer” from “Lyon Claude Bernard University” after successfully teaching and contributing to the academic courses and annual lectures since 2009. His last lecture was held on Thursday, April 20th 2017, and supervisor of the academic seminar was Professor of the University of Lyon, Dr. Yves Crassas.
DHI Global Medical Group’s vision is to change the world by restoring confidence to all patients suffering from hair loss. DHI is committed to contribute to the health and well being of all patients who suffer from hair and scalp disorders, which consists of the below seven values: Education, innovation, reliability, transparency, efficacy, care, faith and science.
Georgia Ligda MD
Plastic Surgeon, PhD,
DHI Global Medical Director
Georgia Lidga MD, is a plastic surgeon specialized in aesthetic plastic surgery.
She had her PhD from the University of Athens and she is a member of HESPRAS since 2002.
She is a certified DHI Doctor for Hair Restoration.
She has attended several congresses related to her specialty, given speeches about various medical themes in Rotary meetings and she is member of ‘Who is Who’ publication for the last 5 years.
She is also an expert plastic surgeon in the list of Athens City Court.
Vassia Birou MD
DHI Global Medical Director
DHI Medical Advisory & Research Board
Prof. Charalambos Papageorgiou
Professor of Psychiatry, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
Medical School Department: Social Medicine, Psychiatry and Neurology
Laboratory/Hospital Department: First Department of Psychiatry
Academic Field: Psychophysiology
Prof. Vassilis Gorgoulis
Professor of Histology and Embryology, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
Laboratory of Histology-Embryology
Molecular Carcinogenesis Group
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
Prof. Georgios Dedoussis
Associate Professor of Biology
Degree in Biology, Physics, University of Patras (1988)
D.E.A. (Diplome d ‘etudes approfondies) Enzymes, Biotransformation and Microbiology, Technological University of Compiegne, France (1990)
PhD thesis, Department of Microbiology, University of Athens Medical Sxolis (1995)
Areas of Research Interest: Clinical Genetics, Human Molecular Genetics
1. Dupuis et al. New genetic loci implicated in fasting glucose homeostasis and their impact on type 2 diabetes risk. Nat Genet Nov 2009
2. Dedoussis GV, Kapiri A, Samara A, et al. Visfatin: the link between inflammation and childhood obesity. Diabetes Care. Jun 2009;32(6):e71.
3. Kanoni S, Dedoussis GV, Herbein G, et al. Assessment of gene-nutrient interactions on inflammatory status of the elderly with the use of a zinc diet score – ZINCAGE study. J Nutr Biochem. May 14 2009.
4. Ntalla I, Dedoussis G, Yannakoulia M, et al. ADIPOQ gene polymorphism rs1501299 interacts with fibre intake to affect adiponectin concentration in children: the GENe-Diet Attica Investigation on childhood obesity. Eur J Nutr. Jun 19 2009.
5. Smart MC, Dedoussis G, Louizou E, et al. APOE, CETP and LPL genes show strong association with lipid levels in Greek children. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. Apr 28 2009.
6. Lasky-Su J, Lyon HN, Emilsson V, et al. On the replication of genetic associations: timing can be everything! Am J Hum Genet. Apr 2008;82(4):849-858.
7. Mocchegiani E, Giacconi R, Costarelli L, et al. Zinc deficiency and IL-6 -174G/C polymorphism in old people from different European countries: Effect of zinc supplementation. ZINCAGE study. Exp Gerontol. 2008;43(5):433-444.
8. Dedoussis GV, Panagiotakos DB, Louizou E, et al. Cholesteryl ester-transfer protein (CETP) polymorphism and the association of acute coronary syndromes by obesity status in Greek subjects: the CARDIO2000-GENE study. Hum Hered. 2007;63(3-4):155-161
9. Dedoussis GV, Theodoraki EV, Manios Y, et al. The Pro12Ala polymorphism in PPARgamma2 gene affects lipid parameters in Greek primary school children: A case of gene-to-gender interaction. Am J Med Sci. Jan 2007;333(1):10-15.
10. Dedoussis GV. Apolipoprotein polymorphisms and familial hypercholesterolemia. Pharmacogenomics J. 2007;8(9):1179-1189.
John Curran MD
DHI Channel Islands Clinic Director
John Curran MD is the Lead Physician and Chief Executive at the Aesthetic Skin Clinics in the UK Channel Islands and Ireland.
A respected senior member of the medical community, Dr. Curran specialises in cosmetic dermatological, medical and surgical procedures and personally oversees the addition of all treatments that are offered by Skinstation. He is known professionally for this role in the education of cosmetic medical practitioners.
Dr. Curran and is an active Council member, Chief Examiner and the current President for the British Association of Cosmetic Doctors (BACD).
He also lectures regularly on aesthetic medicine, is published in leading Cosmetic Medicine Journals and is involved in monitoring and setting industry standards through the Committee. His experience of cosmetic procedures span over 15 years. Dr. Curran has special interests in skin ageing, radio frequency, laser treatments and dermatological surgery. He is popular with peers and patients alike.
Dr. Curran has extensive experience in performing the full range of cosmetic dermatological and medical treatments including, Advanced use of Botulinum Toxin, Hyperhidrosis management, Dermal Hydration Therapy/Fillers, Microsclerotherapy/Vein Treatments, Minor Surgery, Lipotherapy, Fraxel, Thermage, Skin Rejuvenation, Skin Care, and deep medical Peels.
Dr. Curran is the Chief Executive of the Aesthetic Skin Clinic and mentors the medical team at all clinics.
Professor of Ear Nose Throat
Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud Head and Neck Surgery – Oto Neuro Surgery Department 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex FRANCE
Director of the Department of ENT – Oto Neuro Surgery for 20 years (1986)
Professor of Oto Rhino Laryngology (exceptional Grade) at Lyon 1 University (1996)
Head and Neck Surgeon for Cancerology, Cervical and Plastic Surgery, 1977 – 1995.
Oto-neuro Surgeon Since 1987; more than 1,200 Acoustic Neuromas and Meningiomas of the Cerebello Pontine angle operated. Surgery of the Skull Base ; Paragangliomas, tumours of the Petrous Bone.
Surgery of the Facial Nerve : Decompression : Anastomosis, Facial Reparation Using Muscle transfers.
Surgery of Vertigo : Vestibular Neurotomy.
Middle Ear Surgery : Otosclerosis (150 – 180/ year), Cholesteatomas (120 – 180 / year), Tympanoplasties (150 – 200 / Year).
Middle Ear Implants : Med-El Symphonix, Middle Ear Transducer for Sensorineural Hearing Loss and Conductive Hearing Loss.
Many publications on Oto – Neurotology and Facial Nerve Surgery.
Jana Hercogova MD, PhD
Professor of Dermatology
Chairwoman of the Prague Dermatology Centre
(Chairwoman of the Dermatology Dept., Charles University Prague)
(President of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venearology – EADV)
• MUDr., Medical School Qualification degree with honours, 2nd Medical School, Charles Univ., Prague (Czech equivalent to M.D.) – 1984
• Specialist on Dermatology and Venereology 1st degree, 2nd degree, Inst. for Postgrad. Education, Prague (Czech equivalent to Certification of the American Board of Dermatology) – 1988, 1993
• CSc., Thesis „Cutaneous Manifestations of Lyme Borreliosis“ (Czech equivalent to Ph.D.) – 1990
• Doc., Second doctorate on „Long-term Follow-up of the Patients with Cutaneous Manifestations of Lyme Borreliosis“ (Czech equivalent to Associate Professor) – 1994
• Prof., professor´s lecture on „Borreliosis Lymensis Cutis“ (Czech equivalent to Professor) – 2004
• Chairwoman Dept. Dermatology, 2nd Medical School, Charles Univ. Prague: since 1995
• Board Member Czech Society of Dermatology and Venereology:since 1998
• Scientific Board Member 2nd Medical School, Charles University since 1999
• Scientific Board Member Czech Medical Chamber since 1999
• Board Member European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology 2000-2004
• Board Member European Society for Cosmetic and Aesthetic Dermatology since 2000
• Professor of Dermatology, Venereology, Cell Biology and Psychocutaneous Medicine, Int. Faculty of the „Centro Interuniversitario di Dermatologia Biologica e Psicosomatica“, Florence, Siena, Milan, Italy since 2001
• Visiting Professor University of Siena, Italy since 2003
• Board Member Czech Society of Laser and Aesthetic Medicine since 2003
• President Czech Academy of Dermatology and Venereology since 2003
• Vice-President Central-Eastern European Dermatovenereological Association since 2003
Torello Lotti MD
Professor of Dermatology and Director of Dermatology & Venereology Dpt of the University of Guglielmo Marconi, Rome, Italy
The main fields of his scientific researches are focused on the study of neuropeptides in numerous skin diseases, plasminogen activators in autoimmune dermatosis and lichen planus , and the clinical aspects and treatment of psoriasis with particular attention to new therapies with biological agents.
Areas of interest:
Acne, Eczema, Allergy, Trichology, Cosmetology Dermatology.
Of particular relevance for research on pathogenesis and novel treatments for vitiligo and psoriasis.
Finally it is worth mentioning his research on the prevention and therapy in dermatology-oncology melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer.
Professor J.C. Kim, MD, PhD
DHI Group Research Director
Professor J.C. Kim, MD, PhD is affiliated with The Hair Laboratory and Immunology Department, at Kyungpook National University in Seoul, Korea.
He is the leading international scientist in the research of hair follicle cloning and DNA testing.
His work focuses on identifying the specific genes responsible for hair loss.
Georgios Liosis MD
Dermatologist, DHI Medical Director
George Gounaris MD
Plastic Surgeon, DHI Medical Director
Mary Petroliagki MD
Registrat Endocrinologist, General Hospital of Athens
Mary Petroliagki MD, was born in Athens in 1976.
Graduated from Medical School of Constanta in 2001.
Has been working as Observer attachment at the Department of Intensive Care Unit, Internal Medicine and Assessment Unit at the “PSYCHIKOU” Medical Clinic, Senior doctor at the department of nephrology at the “Daphni” Medical Clinic, Senior doctor at the Department of Internal Medicine at the General Hospital of Argos and Senior doctor at BIOIATRIKI Laboratories.
In 2009 Mary Petroliagki MD, became part of the DHI Global Medical Group as Master Doctor, and since 2012 she is Registrat Endocrinologist in the Endocrinology Department at the General Hospital of Athens.