This notice explains how information about you is used. A reference to ‘you’ means the person completing this form whose data is being processed.
The information we gather
DHI International UK Ltd (‘DHI’) gathers certain information about you. Our affiliated entities, business associates and group companies also use information about you, see http://dhiglobal.com/clinics/ (our ‘group companies’).
In this notice, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ means DHI and our group companies.
Information that we gather about you may include without limitation your name, contact details, educational background, medical information, marital status, nationality, job title. The provision of information by you is entirely voluntary.
We may also obtain information about you from third parties, such as our group companies, service providers and agents and credit reference agencies.
Information about third parties
Information we process as described in this notice may also include information about third parties whose details you supply to us.
Systems used to process data
We gather information directly from you and also via our websites and other technical systems. These may include, for example, our:
- Computer networks and connections
- CCTV and access control systems
- Communications systems
- Remote access systems
- Email and instant messaging systems
- Intranet and Internet facilities
- Telephones, voicemail, mobile phone records
- Medical consultation processes and procedures.
Some limited personal data may be collected from monitoring devices and systems such as closed circuit TV and door entry systems
When you use our website we may gather information about you through Internet access logs, cookies and other technical means. ‘Cookies’ are text files placed on your computer to collect Internet log information and user behaviour information. These are used to track website usage and monitor website activity and for other data processing reasons set out below.
Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, please contact us.
Reasons for processing
We may process information about you for the following reasons:
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice
- Gathering information as part of investigations by regulatory bodies or in connection with legal proceedings or requests
- Ensuring business policies are adhered to (such as policies covering security and Internet use)
- Operational reasons, such as recording transactions, training and quality control
- Ensuring the confidentiality of commercially sensitive information
- Security vetting, investigating complaints and allegations of criminal offences
- Statistical analysis
- Preventing unauthorised access and modifications to systems
- Ensuring safe working practices, monitoring and managing staff access to systems and facilities and staff absences
- Staff administration and assessments, monitoring staff conduct, disciplinary matters
- Medical purposes
- Marketing our business and those of our group companies
- Analysing purchasing preferences and improving services
- Host mailing, list rental, providing customer services
Disclosures and exchange of information
We may disclose and exchange information with our group companies, credit reference agencies, service providers, representatives and agents, as well as with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies for the above reasons.
Information may be held at our offices and those of our group companies, and third party credit reference agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above. Information may be transferred internationally to other countries around the world, including those without data protection laws equivalent to those in the UK, for the reasons described above. We have security measures in place to seek to ensure that there is appropriate security for information we hold.
Children We do not knowingly collect personal data relating to children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 16 and think that we may have information relating to that child, please contact us. We will ask you to prove your relationship to the child but if you do so you may (subject to applicable law) request access to and deletion of that child’s personal data.
Sensitive personal data
You may also supply us with sensitive personal data relating to your physical and mental health, which is gathered for the purposes of your treatment.
We will usually only collect and record sensitive personal data with your prior consent. However, occasionally we may do so without consent where required or permitted to do so by applicable law (e.g. to comply with diversity reporting requirements). We may disclose your sensitive personal data to our group companies.
Please contact us if you would like to correct or request (in accordance with applicable law) information that we hold relating to you or if you have any questions in relation to the above. We may charge a small fee for providing personal data about you as permitted by applicable law.
Information relating to you will be used to notify you by post, email or other electronic means of our goods and services and those of our group companies and third party business partners, in which we believe you may be interested. You can withdraw your consent to use of personal data for marketing at any time by contacting us at http://dhiglobal.com/contact/.